Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spring Foward

With the 12 Hours of Sebring over and the start of the Formula 1 season (less than a week away) it is now time to do some maintenance, testing and Spring cleaning. In the last three month, the garage has been kept fairly clean and organized, and I have been working on cars other than my own At this time last year I was running out of space here at home just working on my own cars (I have three PORSCHEs). I knew that I needed some extra space and started looking for a commercial garage to store and work on the racecar. Knocking on doors yielded nothing for months and everyone believed that their lease/for rent space was worth the national debt. I held on and continued to work out of my garage.

Eventually I knew of a garage that would be for rent. I called a friend and he agreed to rent the apartment above with both of us sharing the garage space. After being “let go” from my normal job 31 Dec, it was the green flag to start. Prior to that, I was building up to do it anyways, after all no one will pay you what you are really worth, except yourself

It was a combination of passion about the cars, other people telling me I should, word-of-mouth references, and the racecar is a test bed for customer repairs. Hence, RennAutoSports was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment